Sunday, June 17, 2007

poor poor bitter Celtics fans

The bitter Celtics fan said:

Let me preface this by saying that I like the blazers. I am from Boston and am a celtics fan, but I live in Portland and enjoy the blazers team (although I am only a true fan of the Cs).

I believe that as a result of years of bad luck ending with one stroke of good fortune you are being a tiny bit unrealistic. By which I mean, ludicrously unrealistic. Every team's fans will overrate their own players, but let me put it to you this way:

Zach Randolph does not play defense. He is a locker room CANCER. He makes over 12 million per. He turns the ball over 3+ times per game. He can certainly score. He is not worth a top player like Josh Howard or a hall of famer like Paul Pierce. He is not worth a lottery pick.

For Randolph, you can expect to pick up a pick in the early to mid 20s OR a rotation player (possibly even a fifth starter a la Sasha Pavlovic or Greg Buckner). It sucks because Randolph is better than Pavlovic and Buckner, but no team will ever win an NBA championship with Zach Randolph and NBA GMs know this.

So have fun, propose whatever you want to, but don't get your hopes up too high.

And for god's sake I love Oden too, but remember his foul trouble in the NCAA Tournament, he is not perfect.

My Response:

Top 5 reasons for this thread's existence.

1. The Telfair Trade. If I was a Celtics fan that would give me cause enough to hate the Blazers forever.

2. WE GOT THE #1 PICK!!!!!! This is yet another Tim Duncan like situation. The Celtics thought they were gonna get the top pick and a a sure fire HOFer. And yet again it didn't happen.

3. East coast bias

4. The Zach for Theo and #5 rumor. We didn't come up with it. We didn't go around to the Celtics board and spout it as gospel. It just happened. And some Celtics fans were thinking "that might not be so bad" and when that thought hit their collective heads they realized just how much they sucked and were likely to continue to suck for another 10 years and they had to take their aggression out somewhere.

5. The Redsox resent slide. Much like the realization of the Celtic's present and future suckyness this is an anger that needs to be re-directed. Our board is as good a target as anything else.

No comments: